SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M16 - Eagle Nebula - SHO

This is my 2nd mono image using the ASI1600GT and ZWO Ha, OIII filters with the Baader SII filter and my first ever of this target.  Taken with my Celestron EdgeHD8 and the 0.7x focal reducer.

M16 was at about 24 degrees dropping to 20 above my neighbours roof.  Imaged over three nights last week with little to no moon and just enough astro darkness.  Each filter was about 2hrs of integration so 6hrs in total.

Processed in Siril, StarnetV2, Topaz and Gimp.  Using the Py-Astro Plug-in within GIMP I binned the image X3.

C & C welcome.

Final_Low_Bin3_V1.jpg

• Like 15

1 hour ago, Zummerzet_Leveller said:

This is my 2nd mono image using the ASI1600GT and ZWO Ha, OIII filters with the Baader SII filter and my first ever of this target.  Taken with my Celestron EdgeHD8 and the 0.7x focal reducer.

M16 was at about 24 degrees dropping to 20 above my neighbours roof.  Imaged over three nights last week with little to no moon and just enough astro darkness.  Each filter was about 2hrs of integration so 6hrs in total.

Processed in Siril, StarnetV2, Topaz and Gimp.  Using the Py-Astro Plug-in within GIMP I binned the image X3.

C & C welcome.

Final_Low_Bin3_V1.jpg

With the 294mm and the 2600 coming out some suddenly thing that the 1600 is rubbish, just not true really is it? Can still more than hold its own.

Great image.

Adam

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Adreneline said:

Great sense of depth to the image Jody - and I really like the SHO colours

Thanks Adrian.  Pretty pleased with this considering the short integration time, the data was great though so seeing must have been good.  Just need to work out how to make the stars pop more in my process, can't seem to fathom a way where they don't get blown out or a bit lost in the mix.

7 hours ago, Adam J said:

With the 294mm and the 2600 coming out some suddenly thing that the 1600 is rubbish, just not true really is it? Can still more than hold its own.

Thanks for the comment Adam.  It seems like a perfectly acceptable camera to me and keeps the budget managed as 1.25" filters work well.  I think it pairs well with the mid to longer focal lengths too (c1450mm with the EHD8 and reducer).  With all the matched calibration frames the data was a pleasure to work with.  The double fans on the GT version easily keep the temp down as well, I could probably go cooler than -10c but not sure there would be any added benefit.

6 hours ago, Sunshine said:

Wonderful image!

4 hours ago, Roy Foreman said:

I like it. Well done.

Thanks Roy and Sunshine.  It's one of those targets you have to try once if it's available to you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1