Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

LDN1251 Dark Nebula from Pier 5 @Roboscopes

old_eyes

OSC data from Pier 5 @Roboscopes in Spain.

Tak Epsilon 180, ASI 2400MC Pro, unguided Paramount MX.

LDN1251Final2.thumb.jpg.2edb170164f5e03c05dae77df05069e8.jpg

Not as beautiful as the image from @ollypenrice and Paul Kummer using their RASA 8, but pleased to catch such a faint target.

Probably a mixture of the speed of the RASA and much better processing skills! 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

very nice!  I think I prefer the colours in the first one though - they seem more natural (whatever that is!) - although maybe that with the star intensity of the second one?  Sorry - don't want to send you off to do it again!

Yeah, I know what you mean.

Sometimes it is nice to have different versions, each of which highlight different features of the image. I deliberately toned down the stars for the second image because I felt the first was a bit busy. But you are right. Number 1 feels more 'natural'

Eventually I will figure out how to do this stuff 😁

• Like 1

You're too modest! These are great. Personally I'd do what I always do and paste one on top of the other in Ps and adjust their relative weighting till I found a compromise. I don't recommend this as an astrophotographic technique but as a cure for an inability to make decisions - which in my case is an acute malady!

Super image.

Olly

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...