Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Disaster

CKP

On 04/08/2022 at 07:00, CKP said:

Now I need to learn how to use the camera and start doing some EAA.

Can I suggest that initially you just use ASIstudio that came with your camera? Once you get into it, asilive becomes easier. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, M40 said:

Can I suggest that initially you just use ASIstudio that came with your camera? Once you get into it, asilive becomes easier. 

I'll have a look at that software, I did download it a few days ago.

I tried for andromeda last night.

I don't know what happened but I couldn't get any sight of it and sharpcap kept dropping frames rather than stacking.

I could see 4 stars, one of which looked out of focus and I presumed it was andromeda.

looks like your using a heritage 130p, which means you wont reach focus with your camera without a slight mod,  Once the Truss is fully extended , slide them back about 1 inch. This will help you achieve focus.

if you have facebook look for the EAA forums and a chap called marcus reed , he has posted some great pictures  of his EAA sessions with the same setup heritage 130p on an Az-gti. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, CKP said:

presumed it was andromeda

Andromeda looks like a glowing ball of light usually at a 30-40 degree tilt to the horizon and there are two other galaxies around it, again glowing balls of light but not as bright. It's quite distinct even with 10s exposure.

• Thanks 1

On 01/08/2022 at 15:46, CKP said:

Hi Space Hopper,

Sorry for sounding over dramatic. At the time of writing this I felt a little disheartened. Reading yours and everyone else's posts, I have realised I was putting to much pressure on myself to get it right on my first night and in an hour 😆 

I have looked on YouTube, however most the videos are converted to eq mounts rather than being standard.

I've been down that route :) It took approximately 1 entire observing season (so basically a year) for me to get to the point where I can be outside grabbing EAA images with my setup within about 10 minutes of thinking about it. It took a LOT of trial and error, new kit, repurposing of old kit, trying to understand what I'm doing lol. I've still a long way to go, but at least I'm now at the point where I spend more time observing and less time head-scratching.

Keep at it - it's well worth it :) I also have the AZ-GTI and plate-solving works a treat but, as others have said, start with the basics and build up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Psionmark said:

I've been down that route :) It took approximately 1 entire observing season (so basically a year) for me to get to the point where I can be outside grabbing EAA images with my setup within about 10 minutes of thinking about it. It took a LOT of trial and error, new kit, repurposing of old kit, trying to understand what I'm doing lol. I've still a long way to go, but at least I'm now at the point where I spend more time observing and less time head-scratching.

Keep at it - it's well worth it :) I also have the AZ-GTI and plate-solving works a treat but, as others have said, start with the basics and build up.

Thanks for the support