Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

200p on EQ5 best rotation placement

Just had my first session with my 200p on a EQ5 mount and worked well, used only dobs in the past

Noticed that the tube and therefore focuser/eyepiece can end up in awkward places to comfortably look down the eyepiece

I'm guessing there is a optimal way to position the tube on the dovetail for mounting if so any recommendations?

2 hours ago, bottletopburly said:

Use a slip ring so you can loosen the two main rings and rotate the ota to suit , the slip ring is basically another ring that sits on top ring .

^^^^^

A picture may help... You can make up the ring using the lid of some plastic trunking, felt and some banding strap.  You place this around the OTA above the upper clamp.  Releasing the clamps slightly so the OTA can be rotates but the ring prevents the tube from sliding down.   

heq5.jpg.f89dc993f1d153bd7fe7df25adcfc2c9.jpg

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, malc-c said:

^^^^^

A picture may help... You can make up the ring using the lid of some plastic trunking, felt and some banding strap.  You place this around the OTA above the upper clamp.  Releasing the clamps slightly so the OTA can be rotates but the ring prevents the tube from sliding down.   

heq5.jpg.f89dc993f1d153bd7fe7df25adcfc2c9.jpg

When I had mine i made two up and put one at the back as well just to be secure, very easy to spin the OTA so the focuser is accessible.