Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

fiery ball in sky

Butterflies2000

Several years ago (4/6/15) around midnight I witnessed a fiery object tracking from west to east and at one stage it was virtually at the zenith. It was witnessed by another person. I never discovered what it was, I assume it was something re-entering, unless it was a particularly large meteor. 

Edited by Zeta Reticulan

My son saw blue and red colours in it but I didn't see that. It was bigger than regular stars. It was about 10:45 Pacific time.no tail that I could see - just a ball of blazing fire. If I think straight up is a 90 degree angle then it was about 30 to 40 degrees.

If it had any flashing lights it was almost certainly an aircraft. At 10.45 it would presumably be twilight in Vancouver? Perhaps an aircraft at altitude with the sun, just below the horizon was reflecting off the lower surfaces of the aircraft. 

Every night around the globe hundreds of objects enter the atmosphere looking like all manner of things, space junk, space rocks and such. Vancouver Island is beautiful! I lived in Surrey as a wee lad.

Edited by Sunshine

Most likely a 'fireball'/meteorite.  Most shooting stars are meteors, bits of space dust which vapoorise in the atmosphere.  Larger chunks of rock appear larger and move more slowly.  They often impact and are then termed meteors.  They are spectacular.