SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

AZ-EQ6 Pro - Latitude bolt - gets in the way!

Jannerland

Saw some old threads about how the latitude bolt can interfere with full movement in some configurations (especially rotators which is my problem) - did anyone achieve a solution other than to shuffle the imaging train around?

I'd kinda like the idea of a shorter bolt with hex socket in the top but I'm not sure how easy it is to remove the existing bolt. Did anyone do that?

I found dropping the handle back into the bolt once PA was done solved most of the collision issues, but the real game changer was the

'Sky-Watcher EQ6 Extension Tube for NEQ6 / EQ6-R / AZ-EQ6' Here

I can now image well past the meridian without the OTA colliding with the tripod legs, or indeed anything else.

Thanks for the thought. In my set up its the bits of equipment close up to the back of the scope itself that are at risk of snagging rather than further back at the camera. I think short term I'll have to flip them so the cables are up top.

I'll  try work out how to remove / take apart the latitude bolt with a view to replacing it with something shorter but at the moment that's a puzzle I can't figure out!