Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A poor M81 M82

zetajanus

Hello

This is my new picture of the deep sky, a big standard...M81 and M82

On this forum, when I see your picture of M81 M82, I have just one word to say: Waouuuuuuu, for my version it's not waouu lol

So my version

C6N on Heq5+Eos300D

34x120seconds dark + offset

Processing with Iris and photoshop

The pictures

The two in the same fied

ess2800.jpg

crop on M81

ess21800.jpg

crop on M82

ess22800.jpg

Personally, I think that there are many details in my picture but I think that my processing is very poor

Have you any advice for me to progress?

Don't criticise yourself Zeta. Your images are just fine.

I am not a processing expert, but I don't think it would take much effort to tweak your pictures.

Maybe one of the guys will have a go for you.

Ron.

Nothing wrong with those Zeta! they're great, excellent focus and the guiding looks spot on and the processing looks great as well, you can be very proud of those images!:)

Yes it is possible, but you will need lots more subs.

When I mentioned increasing the saturation, you were right in that it makes more defects. BUT if you take lots more subs, the image should be able to cope with more stretching and more saturation.

The image you linked to is 5 hours of subs, and I was not happy with it, so added another nights worth, to total 13 hours. But to be honest the extra hours didnt really improve the image as much as I hoped.

Archived