Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A simple FITS viewer

Stuart1971

Does anyone know of a simple windows programme that I can view FITS files in, that will also debayer them, and show them as NINA does when they are taken, I have Avis Fits viewer, which is great, but it does not debayer….?

Cheers

Stuart

12 minutes ago, vlaiv said:

Irfanview has a plugin for viewing fits - but it won't do any stretching on them.

FitsLiberator can stretch data, but not sure if it will debayer image for preview

Yes, FitsLiberator is good but does not debayer…I really want one that does both…🤔

2 hours ago, fireballxl5 said:

ASIFitsView will open / display FITS images. I think it is part of the ASIStudio package for use with ZWO cameras, so just a download from Software and Drivers | ZWO ASI (astronomy-imaging-camera.com)

A search also finds AvisFV FITS Viewer which looks useful.

HTH

Andy

Will have a look at the ASI version, I have Avis, but it does not debayer…👍🏼

11 minutes ago, Stuart1971 said:

Will have a look at the ASI version, I have Avis, but it does not debayer…👍🏼

I found the ASI FITS viewer SW by selecting a FITS file in Window File Explorer and then opening with "Choose another app..." which offered ASIFitsView. So if ASIStudio is already installed then the viewer is likely there.

• Thanks 1

ASTAP will display and stretch, but i am not sure it debayer.  Siril will debayer and view, and works pretty well with large number of images.  However, Siril will require a conversion of the files before it will let you see them.  The conversion icludes the debayer option.  Then too, if you use Siril to debayer, the resultant files should be available to any other image viewing file you choose.

• Thanks 1