Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

accessories for Star Adventurer 2i pro

I'm looking for some accessories for my new astro setup but I'm not sure what to get and I'd love to hear your advice 

My current setup: 
Star Adventurer 2i pro and Canon Rebel T3i with a 18-55 kit lens

I was thinking of powering the whole rig from an external power source but I've been told some power banks auto shut off if there is not enough current through it. Do you have any recommendations? Which power banks will do the job and won't cost a fortune? I only want to power the mount and the DSLR camera, maybe a due heater too at one point so 3-4 USB ports should do

I'm also looking for a solid ball head but there are tons of them out there and I'm not quite sure which one should I get

And lastly, to automate my sessions I'd either need an intervalometer or a shutter release cable to control my camera through the mounts app. Which one would you recommend more? Do you use the Star Adventurer Console app at all? 

Thanks !!!

I'm not sure how long your looing to run everything for or what your going to capture but for Milkyway imaging I just use decent rechargeable batteries in the SW-SA and they last for hours, I hardly change them to be honest.

Camera wise, some batteries are better than others but mine normally last for over an hour, I've also on many occasions just swopped camera batteries out mid session with out problems.

For my Dew heater I use a decent power bank that lasts for a couple of hours or so.

If your looking to shoot for 3, 4 hours or more then I guess look at a combined power source.

I havent bothered using the app to control anything either, just a decent intervaometer has worked perfectly for me. less to go wrong the better, I can just lie back, look up and enjoy spotting awesome meteor's while everythings works away :) 

This is the ball head I brought and its been fine to use Neewer Professional Metal 360 Degree Rotating Panoramic Ball Head with 1/4 inch Quick Shoe Plate and Bubble Level,up to 17.6pounds/8kilograms,for Tripod,Monopod,Slider,DSLR Camera,Camcorder: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

Edited by Rustang