Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

In Oman | looking for stargazers team

Dear Members from Oman, 

I'm newbie to the world of stargazing & it's relevant imaging techniques. I'm from INDIA and currently working in Oman.

From past few months, I kept reading more blogs related to the stargazing and Oman being one of the best destinations for stargazers; I'm interested in teaming up people and explore the new horizons of the stargazing. 

It will be of a great help to be in the team of stargazers from Oman. 

eagerly waiting to hear from you. 

Best regards, 

• Like 1

Hi, I'm one of the astrogroup in Riyadh. Its certainly a good place for astrophotography in the GCC. At the moment it's not ideal, very hot and windy, but from September it starts to get better and better.

Oman is a beautiful country. I drove there from Rehab a few years back. Like paradise on the coast heading down to Ras al Jin. Good luck finding an Oman astro group

riches2004x_Oman_8hazardgoats.jpg

riches2004x_Oman_34nmaritta.jpg

riches2004x_Oman_27madpilot.jpg

riches2004x_Oman_19zroadsuprises.jpg

• Like 1

Oman can be quite good for star gazing although a bit of a drive is required to escape the light pollution. If you are living around Muscat then the mountains (e.g. Jebel shams) are a good option for a weekend trip.

I am not sure if the PDO astronomy club is currently active but I think your best bet is to get in touch with Hilmi at Astronomical Solutions, he will point you in the right direction. Their website is: https://astronomicalsolutions.com/

All the best,

Mike

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/07/2022 at 22:20, AngryDonkey said:

Oman can be quite good for star gazing although a bit of a drive is required to escape the light pollution. If you are living around Muscat then the mountains (e.g. Jebel shams) are a good option for a weekend trip.

I am not sure if the PDO astronomy club is currently active but I think your best bet is to get in touch with Hilmi at Astronomical Solutions, he will point you in the right direction. Their website is: https://astronomicalsolutions.com/

All the best,

Mike

Thank you so much. 
I will get in touch with him and take his guidance for sure. 

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Members, 

I'm happy to share my very first Astrophotography pics. I'm not hands on with Lightroom or any software. 
check my image and recommend a software for post processing. so i will try to get hands on with that for a quality post-processing work. 

image.thumb.png.cfe6036bc1a5081bd27ff61d9e82486f.png

image.thumb.png.7ce43a13be897084b68081b01e1a2e49.png