Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi what people's thoughts regarding the celestron nexstar 4se computerised telescope.

Depends what you want to achieve and what your expectations are.  I wouldn't pay new prices, but they are great little scopes.  As for connecting a DSLR they are better for planetary viewing so would be better with a planetary camera.

personally I'd probably err towards an AzGti with small Mak or SCT.  The advantage being you can run it in Az mode and EQ mode and the synscan app is easy to use

The Nexstar4se is an alt-az mount. Not ideal for photography. I had a NexStar 6se as my first scope and it was great for visual. I still use it for that. However, once I started on astrophotography, I found I needed to use very short exposures to avoid star trailing through field rotation. The 6se is also a slow scope at f10, like most SCTs, which pushes you towards longer exposures. I got some images of bright objects that encouraged me, but In the end, I decided if I wanted to do astrophotography I needed a different set up.