SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

New Laptop (Win 11) will not connect to Hub

G'Day,

Has anyone had issues Loading ASCOM & EQMOD on a Win 11 (64bit) Laptop?

I am currently unable to connect my Laptop to My Hub (HEQ5 Pro), previously it was running off an older Win7 upgraded to Win 10 laptop, it ran without problems and still runs without problems, however for my next step forward, I purchased a New Laptop, installed ASCOM & EQMOD, having first checked that .NET 3.5 was activated, (I note that  .Net 3.5 is enabled).

I have carried out many Install's / Uninstall's. With both loaded I then open Cartes Du Ciel, and try connecting the Telescope, at this point I receive 2 Warnings, (see attached Images), and the session fails. I have lost count of the Number of times I have done this.

Has anyone experienced a similar situation, or know of a way forward please. 

Many Thanks

NoConnect.png

NoConnect_2.png

• Sad 2

Gonna follow this 'cause want to see what the experts have to say! My secret opinion being (don't tell anyone I said the following)- That

Microsoft have introduced yet another LEMON 😞

Win98SE Win7 maybe the best MS ever did, not bad 2 hits from 2 dozen attempts... 😞

Edited by SthBohemia
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, starskier said:

G'Day,

Has anyone had issues Loading ASCOM & EQMOD on a Win 11 (64bit) Laptop?

I am currently unable to connect my Laptop to My Hub (HEQ5 Pro), previously it was running off an older Win7 upgraded to Win 10 laptop, it ran without problems and still runs without problems, however for my next step forward, I purchased a New Laptop, installed ASCOM & EQMOD, having first checked that .NET 3.5 was activated, (I note that  .Net 3.5 is enabled).

I have carried out many Install's / Uninstall's. With both loaded I then open Cartes Du Ciel, and try connecting the Telescope, at this point I receive 2 Warnings, (see attached Images), and the session fails. I have lost count of the Number of times I have done this.

Has anyone experienced a similar situation, or know of a way forward please. 

Many Thanks

NoConnect.png

NoConnect_2.png

On windows 11, you have to go into the windows features and enable .NET 3.5, as for some stupid reason it’s disabled by default, this should solve the issue…..👍🏼

EDIT, my mistake I see you have already done this, so ignore me….👍🏼

Edited by Stuart1971

Are you using the latest version of EQAscom, version 200w from May 2021. I've installed Ascom & Eqmod on 3 Windows 11 64 bit mini PCs and they work fine. There was an issue initially, (can't remember what it was) which was solved with using the latest EQAscom.

Also what EQDirect cable chipset are you using. Look in Windows Device manager to check there's no yellow exclamation mark in its COM entry. FTDI chipsets are the ones to use nowadays. Prolific chipsets will work if they're genuine, but many cheap Prolific versions sold in the past were illegal clones which are now disabled by the drivers in Win 10 and 11. In Win 7 you could roll-back to older drivers which worked, but not using the latest drivers is made very difficult, if not impossible in later Windows versions.

The quickest way to access Device Manager in Win 11 is click on the Windows Start icon on the left of the task bar, and type 'Device Manager' It should show the Device Manager icon to click on, midway through typing. 🙂

Alan

Edited by symmetal