Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hubble’s still got it

Stu

35 minutes ago, Stu said:

There’s life in the old girl yet!

I expect Hubble to up its game substantially, now that JWST is on stream.

I bet it's feeling as jealous as a 15-year-old family pooch, when its owners bring home a cute labrador puppy.

• Haha 3

Yeah, poor old Hubble. Been busy doing science while the new kid on the block has been swanking to the press 😁

I'm sure there is enough work for both of them until Hubble reaches the end of its life.

• Like 3

Glad to see good old Hubble still pushing the boundaries. Webb is more into the infra red, and of course bigger aperture newer sensors.

Still the Webb is limited by the fuel in its tank, so 10-15 years max of mission length, Hubble has lasted longer after several service missions and who says it won't be serviced again some day...🤞

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Alien 13 said:

I cant see the Webb surviving more that a year perhaps two at most before its destroyed by impacts.

Alan

I guess the mirror array and sensors are a lot more exposed, but at the speed things might travel out there chances are even enclosing it all in armour plated OTA wouldn't help too much

• Like 1