Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Beyond_Vision

Markarians Chain

I spent 3 hours on this last night as it clear around 11.00pm. The first hour of subs for some reason had alot lower score on DSS so stacked around 2 hours worth.

It was quite difficult to process as there were some gradients and the galaxies have quite a dynamic range.

Whilst this was being taken I had my DSLR piggy backed ontop taken in a wider scene with a 200mm lens. I will have a stab at processing that later.

beyondvision-albums-deep-sky-picture1385

Regards

Kevin

Edited by Beyond_Vision
Changed picture after Neil

WOW, that's a very nice result with a DSLR.

I'm sure that with a little more processing time you could improve the background further, something to come back to once you catch up on your sleep! Still it a very nice image.

Neil

It's taken with a  CCD camera. The dark frames were from a previous night so may not be the best match. I didn't attempt to smooth out the background as it would have killed some of the very small detail in the galaxies. I have redone the image as I had over compensated for the vignetting.

Regards

Kevin

Edited by Beyond_Vision

Kevin you sure do keep bar raising mate.

That's an amazing sight.

Wow! is all I can come up with.

I wonder if I will reach a point where I need to know what

Log sqr root curves are.

Ron.:):)

Great work Kevin.

A very rich field that I may have to delve into...there are some interesting galaxies in there.

Cheers

Rob

Very nice mate, I've got plans for this one myself!

Tony..

who hoo another one from our wide field expert ,great stuff Kev,you do some really nice work .

Rog:)

Wow Kevin! that's an amazing image - there's so many galaxies in that image it's quite mind boggling.

Sam

Thanks again for all the great comments. It's certainly a popular target thanks to Billy kicking off this seasons efforts.

Regards

Never mind the width just look at the depth...You have gone a lot deeper in that one ... some very small (distant) fuzzies in there... The combination of aperture, exposure time and sensitivity of the cam, processing skills - and much better skies has made a big differnece...

I'm trying to work out realistically how much time I can spend on each pane of the "biggy" I am still hoping that 10x300s at ISO1600 under better sky conditions will be enough as thats still 21 hours of imaging needed... i reckon i can get max of 4 hours per night on it for optimal imaging so I'll have to work in rows from right to left at each opportunity...

Peter...

That really is very nice! I remember seeing it for the first time last year (martin I think it was).

It's quite a breath taking image really when you realise just how many little fussy things there are.

Very nice indeed!

Cheers

Ant

Not me Ant, it's on my to do list sometime. Fantastic work again Kevin

That really is very nice! I remember seeing it for the first time last year (martin I think it was).

It's quite a breath taking image really when you realise just how many little fussy things there are.

Very nice indeed!

Cheers

Ant

I think you will find it was SteveL who did it last year I think it was with the WO66SD and QHY8.

Regards

Kevin