SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

The Moon from early morning hours of 20.7 - with 90mm refractor

ONIKKINEN

small2.thumb.jpg.59559de48220abd5446db980dc62c951.jpg

Long Perng 90mm F/5.5 barlowed to maybe around F16, 2 panels with 60 still images each with a 550D and untracked on an AZ5. I think it turned out pretty good for a quick and dirty shot with less than ideal equipment for Lunar imaging.

Couldn't figure out a way to make PIPP center the frames in any of its image stabilizing modes and so had to manually do this in camera raw by panning the images in their X and Y axis, which was pretty annoying. But after some fiddling i got the frames to align and stack in AS!3.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Steve Ward said:

A touch too dark and contrasty for my taste I have to say ... 😉

I find PIPP struggles on partial discs and especially thin crescents , I recently came across this bit of software that does a pretty good job of centring and cropping when PIPP doesn't want to play .... https://www.astrodmx-capture.org.uk/astrocrop/

Interesting piece of software. Thanks Steve.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Steve Ward said:

A touch too dark and contrasty for my taste I have to say ... 😉

I find PIPP struggles on partial discs and especially thin crescents , I recently came across this bit of software that does a pretty good job of centring and cropping when PIPP doesn't want to play .... https://www.astrodmx-capture.org.uk/astrocrop/

Thank you for the feedback! Will have to try that software and see if it does what PIPP could not.