Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC 4725 and 4747

ollypenrice

I hope these will look okay here. On this galaxy pair I had to drag everything out and while the faint stuff is noise-free on one of my screens it is lousy on my new laptop. If it's itching with noise on your screen I can only apologize and promise to visit British Brian the IT Guru during the week!!

I like the tidal tail on 4747 but why is it stronger on the opposite side to the obvious-seeming gravitational influence of 4725?

Olly

post-15040-13387736185_thumb.jpg

That is a lovely pair of galaxies Olly very nicely framed, great and colour. What was it taken with and where about's in the sky is it?

Regards

Kevin

As you look at the handle of the Plough as night falls they are amongst a shedload of nice galaxies a little to the east of the handle. That is a great area at the moment because you have as long as you like to shoot away. I start with the colours so that the object will be at its highest when I start the luminance run where the detail matters. Camera Atik 16HR mono, scope Meade 127 triplet apo, mount EQ6, guided with WO66, Atik 16ic and AstroArt.

Olly

Thanks Kevin.

Archived