Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Saturn / Celestron Nexstar 127 SLT / 16th July 2022

WilliamAstro

I had such a wild night going back and forth in finding Saturn through my telescope. I firstly used a Svbony 7x30 Finderscope, and the knobs weren't aligning the object targeted where it should be so the object can be in the sensor. So I switched to a ZWO MiniScope and used that and then finally managing to get Saturn and adjusting the focus without a bahtinov mask and achieving focus. From what I have learnt with focusing planets, you have to observe details that appear when you focus. If you see the most details then leave the focus as it can be at the best focus.

I will describe problems with my 7x30 Finderscope and seeing if the problem resolves after another night out with it.

I made a mistake by mixing up the colour Debayer which resulted in Saturn to be blue instead of it's natural colour and how I resolved that was swapping the red and blue channel which were in the wrong order using photoshop.

I consider the seeing to be average to good.

Images

368345365_Saturn16_07.2022CurvesAdjusted.png.323a7b919dbd315deeba2a5eb149ae5b.png

2072829037_Saturn16_07.2022400x400ResizeCurvesAdjusted.png.54c8975b865e5285ae52717cf890fae6.png

400 x 400 Resize

Equipment and Software Used:

Celestron Nexstar 127 SLT (Telescope)

ZWO ASI120MC-S (Camera)

2X Barlow, ZWO Atmospheric Dispersion Corrector (Lenses)

Autostakkert!3, Registax V6, WINJUPOS, Photoshop 2022 (Software)

Thanks for positive feedback, cheers, and I hope you all have clear skies!

William

Edited by WilliamAstro
  • Like 15

• 2 weeks later...