SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

EdgeHD Starsense camera, mount & tripod (no OTA) selling advice.

StevieDvd

I'm in a small quandary.

Having sold the main parts of an EdgeHD setup (OTA & Reducer already sold), I was planning to have a bash at using the remaining tripod/mount/starsense camera as a goto with a refractor for quick EAA sessions.

Now I'm thinking whether to pass them on to someone who may appreciate them more.

If I sell the Celestron Starsense camera with it's handset that would leave the mount to be used wirelessly or the buyer would need to find a handset. The Starsense only works for a Celestron (the adapter to use it with a skywatcher are almost impossible to find).

So the question is whether to sell as one so I can clear it out.

• As selling the camera would need the handset to work, leaving the mount/tripod without a handset and harder to find a buyer for? 
  • Would an Edge mount/tripod be an upgrade for a Nexstar SE user - it has wireless built in and has in built rechargeable battery?

Need a few nudges to help me decide the best path.

Thanks

Steve

1 hour ago, StevieDvd said:

I'm in a small quandary.

Having sold the main parts of an EdgeHD setup (OTA & Reducer already sold), I was planning to have a bash at using the remaining tripod/mount/starsense camera as a goto with a refractor for quick EAA sessions.

Now I'm thinking whether to pass them on to someone who may appreciate them more.

If I sell the Celestron Starsense camera with it's handset that would leave the mount to be used wirelessly or the buyer would need to find a handset. The Starsense only works for a Celestron (the adapter to use it with a skywatcher are almost impossible to find).

So the question is whether to sell as one so I can clear it out.

• As selling the camera would need the handset to work, leaving the mount/tripod without a handset and harder to find a buyer for? 
  • Would an Edge mount/tripod be an upgrade for a Nexstar SE user - it has wireless built in and has in built rechargeable battery?

Need a few nudges to help me decide the best path.

Thanks

Steve

Assuming when you say Edge mount you are referring to an Evolution mount, it would probably be an easier and quicker sell if you sold the Starsense camera and handset with the mount.  Selling separately you could probably raise a bit more cash though.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Shimrod said:

Assuming when you say Edge mount you are referring to an Evolution mount, it would probably be an easier and quicker sell if you sold the Starsense camera and handset with the mount.  Selling separately you could probably raise a bit more cash though.

Yes it's the Evolution mount, have to get the EdgeHD out of my mind now the OTA has gone. I guess with the camera & handset it can auto align and should have reasonable goto accuracy for AltAz mode.