Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Binned data query

bomberbaz

Tonight I decided to bin my files of IC5076 as my tracking was a bit wobbly, I was given to believe this helps with the image quality and tbh I was just experimenting a little. I use a OSC 183MC Pro.

What I wasn't aware of was that the image data would become B&W. Thinking about it, it is obvious. 

Anyway, I know PIPP will debayer the files but is this the best way to resurrect the colour within the data.

I have access to PIPP, DSS, Registax, Siril and Gimp

Do you still have the unbinned files or did you bin them in the camera? If you don't have the unbinned files then you've removed the colour information by binning so it can't be resurrected again. 

Using super-pixel debayering on your unbinned raw files you will effectively bin the image 2x2 while keeping the colour information, and also avoid the normal debayer interpolation of every other pixel 

Alan

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, symmetal said:

Do you still have the unbinned files or did you bin them in the camera? If you don't have the unbinned files then you've removed the colour information by binning so it can't be resurrected again. 

Using super-pixel debayering on your unbinned raw files you will effectively bin the image 2x2 while keeping the colour information, and also avoid the normal debayer interpolation of every other pixel 

Alan

Cheers Alan, I thought as much. Like I said, something of an experiment and no major amount of data involved thankfully. 

thanks for the reply.

Steve

• Like 1