Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My attempt at Saturn

powerlord

So, I'm definitely a DSO bloke, but here's my go at Saturn - shot with my C9.25 and Baader 2.2x barlow and asi224.

I don't think the seeing was great compared to last time I tried this, even though meteoblue said it was - I don't think it takes into account the roasting nights.

However, this is the best I could do - this was RGB out with an IR pass svbony filter. IR only filters were much worse, but the IR pass seemed to give more detail.

stu

clearest.aphoto.thumb.jpg.e1c7b99de2b111a4903d4919b1ed090e.jpg

• Like 15

Yes despite what the stats say for good seeing prospects. Thats not what is happening across the country. For the most part the image is constantly going out of focus. Under good seeing its worth trying more. Despite that always good to see others trying the gas giants. A good attempt despite the poor conditions

Thats a really good effort Stu. You can clearly see how the seeing as distorted the rings and the globe. But that said, If you can Hit some really good seeing I think we could be looking at something really special.

• 3 weeks later...