SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Jupiter 6 image sequence

neil phillips

I liked doing this kind of thing years ago. Its been a while since i made a new one. Stats on the page. The hard part is getting them all looking similar Especially when  trying different settings at capture. . Change the colour on one for example, And all 6 have to be done. Adjustments can take a bit of time. 

Page.png

Edited by neil phillips
  • Like 15

Very nice capture and processing. I like the presentation with the panels. It seems the 11th was the best night for you so far this summer.  I was out this morning and it was absolutely pants with awful transparency, and went straight back to bed.

Edited by Kon

43 minutes ago, Kon said:

Very nice capture and processing. I like the presentation with the panels. It seems the 11th was the best night for you so far this summer.  I was out this morning and it was absolutely pants with awful transparency, and went straight back to bed.

Hi Kon i was looking out too. But just didnt have the energy to set up. The heat maybe ? Its hard to predict lately what seeing will be like. Until actually setting up. 

1 hour ago, neil phillips said:

Hi Kon i was looking out too. But just didnt have the energy to set up. The heat maybe ? Its hard to predict lately what seeing will be like. Until actually setting up. 

I feel until the heatwave and get some rain the atmosphere is not that great. I did a couple of Jupiter and Saturn captures but they were just fuzzy blobs without any features, and that's why i called the night. My ISS was awful from earlier the night as well.

2 hours ago, Kon said:

I feel until the heatwave and get some rain the atmosphere is not that great. I did a couple of Jupiter and Saturn captures but they were just fuzzy blobs without any features, and that's why i called the night. My ISS was awful from earlier the night as well.

I agree i think its the hot dry air causing the image to constantly go out of focus.. When it goes in focus it looks fine but it doesnt last long, just a few seconds, and its off again. Despite no jet stream.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Pete Presland said:

A beautifully presented set of images Neil, nice reward for the effort you made to be out at that time of the morning! 

Cheers Pete. Just waiting for the jet stream to clear out of the way. And better weather to resume. To get some new images