Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Widefield M64

Helen

Here's a widefield of the Blackeye galaxy. This is the first rough process of just 20 minutes of data (I'm doing what I know I shouldn't - just bagging targets:rolleyes:).

SXVFH9 on ZS66, on NS8 unguided. 60s subs. Stacked in DSS and tweaked in elements

Helen

post-13020-133877361804_thumb.jpg

And very nice too Helen. I like these shots that show the galaxies in their context, it really gives a sense of scale to them.

If you could grab some flats (assuming the setup is still as it was?) you'll be able to get rid of those couple of dark smudges, and they should deal with the slight vignetting effect too.

Cheers

TJ

Bagging targets is fun. A couple of years ago Grant had a great Messier board linked to SGL for you to post your messier pics. I think I got up to around 50 pics. They weren't great quality (not a patch on this one of yours) but it was great fun.

Thanks for the comments everyone. I've had another go at processing this one. It now has a mix of 21 60s and 90s subs, but still only totalling 22.5 minutes. I think I've pulled a bit more detail out of it.

Helen

post-13020-133877362045_thumb.jpg

Sure is a nice Black Eye Helen,

but if I may be so bold, your second process has

put too much Mascara around the eye.

The galaxy looks better, but it appears to be in a black frame now.

Unless my monitor is kidding me.

Ron:)

Nice image helen, I was imaging this last night, had around 60 frames taken, went and made a coffe, came back and the temp had dropped to below what i had set for dark frames on my dsi, ended up with a washed out image :) my own fault for not saving individual frames :)

Archived