Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A hole on jupiter

neil phillips

if anyone fancies a look  what looks like a hole in one of the clouds on jupiter. havent seen this yet. will try for a better capture Its a pretty bad capture. But a pretty cool feature. Ive read about these blue clouds. They can be holes where you get to see deep inside the planet. It actually looks just like that, with the cloud to the left of it looking like its going inside. A great feature.

02_38_39_lapl8_ap19_Drizzle15.png smooth.png

Edited by neil phillips
  • Like 14

Nice Neil 👌yes I did notice this visually very prominent 🤔 seeing wasn’t great ( meteoblue said sub arc second 😂) I’d say 6/10  at best how was it for you ??

1 hour ago, Freddie said:

Good to see you are still up most mornings getting some nice shots there Neil. Probably the only time of day you will get any sensible temperatures!!!!

Cheers Freddie. Its Nice in the morning. But the gnats keep me busy too.

3 minutes ago, stuy said:

Nice Neil 👌yes I did notice this visually very prominent 🤔 seeing wasn’t great ( meteoblue said sub arc second 😂) I’d say 6/10  at best how was it for you ??

Hi Stuy 

At my location i keep getting a odd type of seeing. Where the image constantly goes out of focus. Stays out of focus for a bit. Then gradually sharpens. Stays sharp for a few seconds then goes out of focus again. This pattern just keeps on repeating. Though as Jupiter got higher this morning. to a lesser extent. ( longer sharp moments ) So if i judged by jupiter being higher i would say similar to you around 6/10. Will post a higher image later. This one was lower taken earlier. Seeing was even more unstable. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, newbie alert said:

Great image and info..are you UK based? What's your setup etc?

Hi. yes Suffolk Main Telescope is My Orion optics UK 245mm Newtonian F6.3 for planets a QHY 462C Camera. I have various scopes though listed on my sig. 

Cheers 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, morimarty said:

Thats a great capture Neil. Will be keeping a look out for this feature if I can get a clear sky that is.

Cheers Martin. Its interesting it may just settle down ( i hope not ) But notice the huge disturbance in and around it. Some kind interaction going on with the NEB. It may just be short lived. These things often are. But then again. As you say worth watching out for it

• Like 1