Narrowband

Tulip Nebula Sh2-101 wide field Ha

gorann

No astrodarkness here yet so, while I am adding a second pier to one of my obsies here at the farm (current status shown below), I have not only been digging into the ground but also digging a bit into forgotten data on my hard drives to test the star fixing procedure in Star Tools recently advocated by @tomato. I found this Ha data that I have not posted before. The stars did not look too good in one corner which may be the reason I had put it aside but the Star Tools' star repair procedure helped a lot.
There is obviously quite a lot going on among the Ha emitting nebulosity in this area.

5 hours from 31 August 2020 with a RASA8 and ASI1600MM and Baader high-speed Ha filter. Processed with PI, PS and Star Tools.

PS. Olly @ollypenrice, the plan is to have the Mesu 200 I bought from you to be sitting on that new pier - I will go down to Lucas and pick it up in two weeks🙂

Cheers, Göran

20200830-31 Tulip Neb Ha RASA PS13smallSign.jpg

20220716_143052_resized.jpg

Edited by gorann
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, tomato said:

Wow, your location is starting to look like Mauna Kea! 👍☺️

Yes, the four concrete piers may one day puzzle the archaeologists - maybe one theory will be that it belonged to someone worshiping the sky🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, gorann said:

Yes, the four concrete piers may one day puzzle the archaeologists - maybe one theory will be that it belonged to someone worshiping the sky🤣

This is what I used to say about a series of concrete circles I left behind me in various parts of Derbyshire!

The stars look super in you Tulip - which is a striking image in other ways, too. Let me know how you get on with the SiTech conversion.

Olly

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ollypenrice said:

This is what I used to say about a series of concrete circles I left behind me in various parts of Derbyshire!

The stars look super in you Tulip - which is a striking image in other ways, too. Let me know how you get on with the SiTech conversion.

Olly

Thanks Olly! I will keep you updated.