Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter 17th July

neil phillips

Seeing was quite bad early on. I didnt hold out much hope of a lot of detail. But later as Jupiter got higher there was moments of clarity coming through.

Orion 245 Newtonian. QHY462C. ZWO ADC. UV IR CUT. Baader Q Barlow EQ5 PRO mount. 

04_37_23_17th July.png gh.png b.png

Edited by neil phillips
  • Like 7

A good image in spite of the conditions Neil, too cloudy here im afraid, i binned all mine from the 15th & 16th due to poor transparency due to persistent thin cloud cover, hopefully better conditions will return soon!

17 minutes ago, si@nite said:

A good image in spite of the conditions Neil, too cloudy here im afraid, i binned all mine from the 15th & 16th due to poor transparency due to persistent thin cloud cover, hopefully better conditions will return soon!

The dreaded thin clouds. They strike a lot. And as you say they can kill a session. Hopefully soon you will get some joy Simon. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pete Presland said:

Pretty good Neil, in tough conditions. I did have a look out the window and wondered what the seeing was like. Quite a bit cloud around when i looked as well.

Was thinking about setting up for saturn. glad i didnt bother Jupiter was tough as is. 

Cheers Pete