SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Cygnus Loop

Adreneline

This image was taken over several nights of non-astro-darkness. Despite the lack of astro-dark it's turned out better than I expected.

I collected Ha, OIII and SII data so I've had a bit of fun with the SHO and HOO colour schemes, each one revealing different structure and aspects of this amazing nebula.

HOO:

Veil-HOO.thumb.png.2ef17951efc550c96adfc3be383bdfd8.png

HOO with green and magenta removed:

Veil-HOO-iSCNR.thumb.png.ec272427dc313dba7ca07f58654384d4.png

SHO:

Veil-SHO.thumb.png.f53fa35daf5f6652b369b2af89d4ca5f.png

SHO with green and magenta removed:

Veil-SHO-iSCNR.thumb.png.6f5d602e76227c34588ce834a48ef614.png

My personal preference is with this last one but it would be interesting to see what others think.

8.5 hrs of data in total.

Taken with the RedCat 51 + ASI1600MM and Astronomik NB filters, pre-processed in APP and post-processed in PI.

Adrian

• Like 17

5 hours ago, Adreneline said:

each one revealing different structure and aspects of this amazing nebula.

Great stuff Adrian.  Really interesting seeing the variations on the data you captured.  Like Sh2-240, I can't get away from enjoying this in an HOO style palette.  I like the unaltered SHO though, that green Ha really works to show off the faint stuff 👍

Edited by geeklee
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, geeklee said:

Great stuff Adrian.  Really interesting seeing the variations on the data you captured.  Like SH2-240, I can't get away from enjoying this in an HOO style palette.  I like the unaltered SHO though, that green Ha really works to show off the faint stuff 👍

Thanks Lee.

I was tempted to add a starless but couldn't decide which one to go for - although I was being drawn to the green side :Envy:

This could be the beginning of the end for me - god forbid I start letting magenta into my images as well - oh no! - it's in the HOO!!

😬

• Haha 1

+1 for the HOO image.  I prefer the contrast and the colour separation.  A great set of examples though Adrian, I now have and ASI1600GT so will be experimenting soon.  I have some nice data on the Tulip with the Redcat but haven't got round to processing yet.  I need some time to get my head around the mono narrowband process. 

• Like 1

Hi Jody,

9 minutes ago, Zummerzet_Leveller said:

I now have and ASI1600GT so will be experimenting soon.

Very nice and offers a very neat solution.

12 minutes ago, Zummerzet_Leveller said:

I have some nice data on the Tulip with the Redcat but haven't got round to processing yet.  I need some time to get my head around the mono narrowband process. 

Finding a work-flow that suits you is tricky. I've been using PI for nearly six years now and it's only recently I have settled on a sequence of processes that works for me (most of the time 🤨) and even so use APP for pre-processing. Good luck!

Adrian

P.S. I have recently treated myself to a Pulsar pier and Telegizmo cover:

530960366_IMG_38822.thumb.JPG.dd760eeb96a43f7cca0392a233887a99.JPG

I'm looking forward to putting the 6" RC to more use once astro-darkness returns.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Adreneline said:

Very nice and offers a very neat solution.

Thought it would be a good start as an intro into Mono.  Bought locally with some 1.25 RGB Lum filters and an OAG for a reasonable price, I like the double fans especially in this heat, they don't work very hard at all.

2 hours ago, Adreneline said:

P.S. I have recently treated myself to a Pulsar pier and Telegizmo cover:

That looks fantastic!  A nice investment meaning a much quicker set up time.  Certainly think your RC will look good atop that, the Redcat looks a little lost, can you piggyback the Redcat on your RC?

10 minutes ago, Zummerzet_Leveller said:

can you piggyback the Redcat on your RC?

Haha! I'm sure you could :) - but I won't :( 

I've tried piggyback and tandem arrangements in the past and have decided that's not for me - one OTA per mount is good for me! :) 

Adrian

• Haha 1