Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

User Ranks and post counts

Ant

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Actually, in theory, there is one member with the rank of "Dark Energy". We think he's out there, but no-one knows where to find him, or how to prove he exists...........

I think/ know you are, in fact, right.:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

further to the first post another good idea might also be to inform members especially all the newcomers on here who don't know why some members names are in different colours like Green,Blue,Red,and Orange etc. and what they mean and how they are achieved cos that too can be confusing to a lot of new people on the forum especially the newbies. just an idea.

regards.Rob

Good idea!

Blue = ADMIN

Green = Global/Super Moderator

Red = Moderator

Orange = Sponsor

Purple = Official Retailer - of which there are only 2 or 3

Moderator status is earned by contribution to the forum and is by invite only.

Hope this help :D

• 1 month later...

Just want to stop being referred to as a cloud of hot gas....

Thanks for this thread, helps us noobs see the light ahead of us (see what I did there...)

Steve

Edited by Saata

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I did wonder what the ranks were. Thank you for the explanation :D Dunno about a vacuum, probably more likely to be called a "gas bag" :D

My knowledge of astronomy is beginning to get a bit beyond a vacuum now but I think "vacuum" is quite apt for a beginner, and I don't care what I'm called - lived far too long to worry about that :icon_eek: OTOH I guess more experienced new members could feel a bit miffed. But if you're a new member of a forum you have to expect that. I think so anyway.

Shouldn't be tooooo long before my knowledge and contribution becomes a little more "nebulus" :rolleyes::D

Long live SGL

Love Gina.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
........... I've also read the thread about maintaining a life and avoiding addiction to forums...

You have?? Where??:)

I really, really, really, really need to read that one...............think I'll have to scan every post ever made.................... in every thread ..................in every forum I can find............... :)

• Like 1

Well I'm certainly glad I've got past the 'vacuum' stage!! i didnt like it lol, but got a good way to go till 'star forming'. oh well i have plenty to ask and talk about so I'm sure il be there in no time lol x

Good idea!

Blue = ADMIN

Green = Global/Super Moderator

Red = Moderator

Orange = Sponsor

Purple = Official Retailer - of which there are only 2 or 3

Moderator status is earned by contribution to the forum and is by invite only.

Hope this help :)

Thanks for that, that was going to be one of my next questions actually lol :eek:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...