SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

User Ranks and post counts

Ant

Editing posts doesn't become available until you have made 250 posts and then you have a 30 min window in which to make changes...

Unfortunately we had to introduce these restrictions due to the edit facility being abused in the past...

Peter....

Lol, abuse the editing facility? how? the 30min limit is perfect, or until someone replies to you, but 250 posts, come on. it serves no purpose only for me to realise i've made a typo but can do nout about it! we're all adults here right? no more sexual abuse of the editing facility guys

Lol, abuse the editing facility? how? the 30min limit is perfect, or until someone replies to you, but 250 posts, come on. it serves no purpose only for me to realise i've made a typo but can do nout about it! we're all adults here right? no more sexual abuse of the editing facility guys

Posting something inflammatory / offensive and then editing it out once it has been seen by the person it was intended to offend and before a mod can see it.

Posting something inflammatory / offensive and then editing it out once it has been seen by the person it was intended to offend and before a mod can see it.

Well, that's life, people say things, people get offended.  i still disagree with the childlock rule, but sure i'm only a nebula :)

Well, that's life, people say things, people get offended.  i still disagree with the childlock rule, but sure i'm only a nebula :)

People also need to realise that they should abide by the forums Code of Conduct that they agree to be bound by when they sign up to the forum...

The decision wasn't taken lightly. If you have any concerns about the forums adimins decision on the ability to edit posts I would suggest you discus it with them directly...

Peter...

• 2 months later...

Hi All, made a typo this morning, it was actually predictive text, but didn't realise until after I posted it. Looked to see if I could amend it and couldn't. So I think I shall have to be very welcoming to all newbies  to get to the 250 limit, or comment on some of those amazing astronomy photographs on the forum as I haven't enough knowledge to pass on yet on the other threads.  Cannot believe how much I have learnt by just reading  the various postings.

Mary

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, Not sure if this the right place to post this but according to the sticky, this is the current policy for changing the signature.

"Access to change signatures, location, homepage and Instant Message options - 2 posts and have been a member for 1 day"  Valid as of 2011?

My control panel says I need 8 more approved posts.  :confused:

Thanks for any help! -- Clear Skies!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Saw 'banned user' and 'beyond the event horizon' attached to a couple of avatars in one of the beginner forums.

Can you cast some light on these, please - a chance for me to see some light from beyond the event horizon perhaps? :-)

So if these persons are banned/beyond the pale, how come they can they still post?

I'm not getting all 'Disgruntled, Tunbridge Wells' about it. Merely curious ...

Edited by Floater

If you are banned then any posts you have made whilst a member remain in the forum (except the one(s) that got you banned in the first place  :eek: ! ) - as stated in the Code of Conduct.  If they were removed, threads containing posts from the banned member would most likely make no sense at all.

• Like 1

So if these persons are banned/beyond the pale, how come they can they still post?

I'm not getting all 'Disgruntled, Tunbridge Wells' about it. Merely curious ...

The ability to post is removed when a member is banned. All their posts stay in threads so as not to disrupt the continuity of a thread and their user rank is changed to banned member / beyond the event horizon.

• Like 1

A Mob of Mods still has my vote

Just pictured all the forum Mods turning up at SGL 9 on Lambrettas with Sting and Tal 100rs strapped on the back of the scooter in place of the massive whip aerials :-)
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...