Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

LBN 437 and Sh 2-126 - too much?

Fegato

I shot this over a couple of clear nights last week, and for mid-summer, and a little bit of moon to contend with, I was pretty pleased with the data. Although the nights are very short, 4 hours is a fair bit with a RASA. But processing I found hard. Still on a learning curve, and perhaps not as committed to spending days and days on post-processing as some are. Anyway, I was keen to get the dust to come forward in this, so got pretty heavy with Curves Transform in PI. I've also started using Russell Croman's NoiseXterminator, and this is a bit of a revelation /  dangerous beast I think.

So interested in whether you think I've got too much contrast, and whether it looks a bit plastic with noise reduction? I guess at the end of the day, it's all somewhat to do with personal preference...

RASA 11v2 on a CEM120, ZWO ASI2400MC Pro. 84 x 5s and 141 x 30s (no filter), with added Ha from 65 x 60s and 56 x 90s (NBZ dual narrowband filter). Bortle 3 (at least when there's astronomical night, although ASTAP measures 21.02 SQM for a 1.30am exposure which seems pretty good).

Sh2-126 220708 HaRGB Stretch4.jpg

• Like 7