Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter in Awesome Seeing

MarkRadice

For the first time, I have caught a reasonable image at the beginning of a season. Normally my best images come at the end after much practice. 

950329092_2022-07-10-0259_4-MRnodrizzlecopy.png.3b7d8f4b9cd122cff4a596a2f2be91b1.png

This was taken with my second hand Celestron C11, f20, ASI224MC one shot colour on an EQ6 while watching the world wake up - the last shots were against a blue sky! Around 12k frames, best 1000 sharpened in Registax. My workflow is here: https://youtu.be/QesmmxCb_h0 (although my early videos aren't that good so I should probably re-record this!). 

Oh and I got my first view of Mars as well. Only ~8' at the moment but Mare Cimmerium is visible.

1844137511_2022-07-10-0328_4-L-MRcopy.png.1eba44385208309c71b678e04ec093e7.png

All images sent to the BAA and ALPO for collation and analysis. 

Well worth the horrors of an 0300 alarm clock. To be honest it was nice to feel cool for a few hours! Alas back to work now.

• Like 24

Hi Mark a excellent result it was a lovely morning wasn't it. Btw i think combining images is probably winjupos strong point. But often i just cant be bothered with the hassle. I do video de rotation instead. Not quite so good. but a really easy life. If ever you feel like a fairly quick winjupos rendition. Then video de rotation is worth a try. I tend to run a couple of longer captures off only when its looking good. I know you do image de rotation i saw one of your videos

Edited by neil phillips

Thank you for the kind comments and likes, much appreciated. 

@neiil phillips - it takes me moments to derotate Jupiter! Like you I only review the good ones and because FireCapture records in winjupos format it takes mere seconds to load, hit F11 and the circle lines up hit save and done. Few of those and load into derotation and Robert is your mother’s brother.  

Forecast looks good for next few days so I’m going to give it another go if energy levels allow!!

Edited by MarkRadice

4 minutes ago, neil phillips said:

Hi Mark a excellent result it was a lovely morning wasn't it.

1 minute ago, MarkRadice said:

Thank you for the kind comments and likes, much appreciated. 

@neiil phillips - it takes me moments to derotate Jupiter! Like you I only review the good ones and because FireCapture records in winjupos format it takes mere seconds to load, hit F11 and the circle lines up hit save and done. Few of those and load into derotation and Robert is your mother’s brother.  

Forecast looks good for next few days so I’m going to give it another go if energy levels allow!!

Video de rotation doesn't seem as popular. I think one reason is the long processing time. Not so bad with a faster machine. But yes i know most do seem to prefer image de rotation.

Anyway once again lovely result