SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Saturn July 11th redo

neil phillips

Wasnt happy with the process already done. So did a more careful process. Still not totally happy but a improvement. Can see faint traces of the orange hexagon. ? I think it just looks a little more natural. Sometimes less is more. 

Stats already on the forum 150% drizzle downsized to 90% RGB

july 11 redo sgl.png r.png

Edited by neil phillips
  • Like 11

15 hours ago, neil phillips said:

Sometimes less is more.

I agree Neil, its always worth more cautious processing sometimes but its a fine result & nicely done, will we ever be happy with our images thoe. 😉

3 hours ago, si@nite said:

I agree Neil, its always worth more cautious processing sometimes but its a fine result & nicely done, will we ever be happy with our images thoe. 😉

Maybe its that part of our personalities that unite us. And its part of the reason we do it.  I think on occasion I am happy. But we see our own flaws easier than others do sometimes. Because we are the ones doing the creating. Its easier to get affected by it. Its much more personal. Heavy thinking on a heavy question Simon

1 hour ago, morimarty said:

I think it is a excellent Saturn Neil. I really must give the 1.5x drizzle a go at some time and see if it can bring me anything new to the table.

Cheers Martyn worth a try. But sometimes it can create extra noise with the extra upsample. The noise can often be sorted without affecting the image on image analyzer software. which is what I do. I think I had to do that with this. Anyway give it a go you may or may not like it. But worth experimenting.