Jupiter with Io transit and GRS: 10 July 2022

Maurizio83

Hello Everybody,

After about 11 months of stop from planetary imaging, I'm performing the first Jupiter high resolution tests for this 2022 with my new camera, the QHY5III462C.  

This is the best of the night and portrays Jupiter with Io (in transit) and the Great Red Spot. 90 sec recording at about 60FPS. The seeing was not very good, but I appreciated the quality of the raw frames compared to those of my old camera (QHY5L-II Color).

>>> https://flic.kr/p/2nxBhhx <<<

I tried to make a "soft" elaboration compared to the pictures taken last year. This camera seems to be able to provide delicate nuances on the planet surface and probably a too strong elaboration ruins them.

Does the color balance, brightness, and contrast seem reasonable to you? Any comment and suggestion is very appreciated! 

Details:

Orange C8 on EQ5 + QHY5III462C Camera

I think the images look very nice. I too have just bought that camera for guiding in the main part (for which it is proving to be superb) and for planetary imaging when the planets are in a better position (my astrophotography occurs when I go to bed and leave NINA to do all the work!) Now I can't wait to try the camera out on my SW 200pds with a 5x powermate. Will be interesting to compare images. I look forward to seeing more of yours when the seeing is better.

Adrian

Dear Varavall, absolutely interested in exchanging ideas on how to improve our images!  👍

Actually this camera is capable also to provide some interesting shoots of deep sky objects. Clearly not as a cooled camera, but enough to have some fun. Indeed, I received the camera some months ago and since no planets were visible I tried to use it for deep sky: see for instance this image of M51

>>> https://flic.kr/p/2ncWMVn <<<

This camera represents a huge step from my old one, the  QHY5L-II Color.

Edited by Maurizio83