Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My rubbish Comet C/2017 K2 Panstarrs image taken through thin clouds...at least i got something!

Hi all, hope you are doing well..

So i did a test run on imaging the comet from my B garden in Greater London last night. Sadly, the clouds arrived as soon as id set up, very thin but definitely present. Lit by the very big moon low behind the house i was pointing at.

Because of the clouds, i only managed to get 24 subs, no calibration files. The calibration files were my middle aged brain failing me again and not telling me to take them before i packed up and went upstairs. 

I got a little nice extra though with M10 in the image. SO, yes...disappointing, but im trying again in a few days and will be better prepared.

Canon 4000D stock

70-300mm f/5.6 Canon at 300mm

1600 iso

Star Adventurer 2i

24x120s lights

Debayered in Pixinsight and stacked in DSS. Edited in PI and PS. As you can see, i also had a very dirty sensor...thats now been cleaned. LOL

I'm not fishing for positive comments, just thought i would share with you all for fun. I will make sure to update this thread on Thu after my second attempt. 

Have a great day .

Cheers

mkhachfe_c2017K2_01 copy.jpg

mkhachfe_c2017K2_02 copy.jpg

• Like 3