Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Tripod for binoculars

I use a Manfrotto PROB tripod and/or one of three monopods... plus a trigger/pistol grip.

Having three positions and removable centre column on the tripod and then inserting in the collar/leg assembly and using it horizontally makes it easier to use when seated and viewing. 

Edited by Philip R
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sadly my Amazon Basic tripod is going back as the center column started to slide back and was impossible to tighten up. I am not heavy handed, but the thread on the column lock made of cheese (sort of soft cheese). Maybe I will invest in a monopod in the meantime... Sad day, because I really liked the pistol grip, it was also very handy on our wildlife watch during the Outer Hebrides trip.

37 minutes ago, SzabiB said:

Sadly my Amazon Basic tripod is going back as the center column started to slide back and was impossible to tighten up. I am not heavy handed, but the thread on the column lock made of cheese (sort of soft cheese). Maybe I will invest in a monopod in the meantime... Sad day, because I really liked the pistol grip, it was also very handy on our wildlife watch during the Outer Hebrides trip.

Was the trigger/pistol grip part of a bundle ? - you may be able to keep it and still use it with a monopod and all you would need is some of these...

download.jpg.d591dc88928413acd70a11ae21abf1b7.jpg

Other types and designs are also available in single or multiple quantity.

18 minutes ago, Philip R said:

Was the trigger/pistol grip part of a bundle ? - you may be able to keep it and still use it with a monopod and all you would need is some of these...

download.jpg.d591dc88928413acd70a11ae21abf1b7.jpg

Other types and designs are also available in single or multiple quantity.

Yes, it was in bundle.... shall I try to send it back without it? :D

On 10/10/2022 at 11:50, SzabiB said:

Yes, it was in bundle.... shall I try to send it back without it? :D

I would! ...I would not! ...:angel12:

See what Jeff Bezos and/or his company have to say! - I had purchased the adapter (as shown in in my earlier reply) as a package of two or two [one of each type which was ordered] last year from Amazon and it took the best part of half-an-hour on the phone to get though to a human-being, after pressing ‘1 for Yes’... ‘2 for No’... etc., return and refund, etc.

I found a pack of five on AliExpress and ordered them... and were cheaper... including P&P from China 🇨🇳 - they were delivered a lot faster too! :evil62:

Edited by Philip R
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, kev100 said:

Hi,

I use a secondhand Manfrotto 190 tripod with an extender I picked up on Amazon. Works well with my 20x80s.

Kev

I used to have the same setup [minus the extender] 😜… then later part-exchanged the tripod for the Manfrotto PROB and a pistol/trigger grip 😉 for my 7x50’s & 20x80’s :bino2: and Nikon DSLR’s 📷