Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ISS in very high definition

I think this is simply my best capture of ISS the past few days. The sky looked really steady at 130am. The sun reflecting off the top of the panels is really awesome and I could see the reflection offset on my single frames as well. 8" Dob, manual tracking, asi462mc, 2x TV powermate, UV/IR cut filter, ROI 640x480 at 300fps. Gain 260, exposure 0.5ms. PIPP, Autostakkert and Astrosurface. Stacked the best 15 frames.

image.png.8d0419182a41c224f278fa3aedcb6fa4.png

• Like 48

Really impressive, I am determined to have a go at imaging the ISS before it meets a fiery end, but first I need to learn how you guys go about it. Imaging something so close has it’s own special challenges, I think.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tomato said:

Really impressive, I am determined to have a go at imaging the ISS before it meets a fiery end, but first I need to learn how you guys go about it. Imaging something so close has it’s own special challenges, I think.

Thanks. Feel free to message me if you have any questions. I am learning every time.

• Thanks 1

Almost beggars belief that you can follow it manually. I think I'd be delighted to do that alone, without the complications of actually capturing images as well. Impressive result, hats off!

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, PeterStudz said:

That is stunning! I think it nice to see your progress on this over the months. Well done!!!

Thanks. I think the camera upgrade was a game changer and the weather was very good last night.

3 minutes ago, wulfrun said:

Almost beggars belief that you can follow it manually. I think I'd be delighted to do that alone, without the complications of actually capturing images as well. Impressive result, hats off!

Looking through the RACI is fast but it still gives me plenty of time to track it if I miss it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, morimarty said:

Kon I truly am lost for words. Absolutely fantastic mate.

Thanks. All the early mornings have finally paid off. I think it can get better.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Clarkey said:

I struggle to track the moon so I am suitably impressed. That is truly excellent.

Thanks. Needs patience and practice and we only get a single go until the next pass.