Narrowband

Sunflower Galaxy - M63

Parallax

Made the most of yet another clear night last night and grabbed a couple of hours on this one (plus M109, but that didn't come out too well). Looking at the live data as it came through, I wasn't sure how it would turn out, but it seems OK to me.

L=9x180s

RGB=9x180s binned 2x2

Explorer 200 & AtiK 16, ST80 & webcam & PHD, DSS, PSCS..

Steve

post-14051-133877361724_thumb.jpg

Great image Steve.

Your setup is almost identical to mine! Do you find that PHD used with a webcam loses the signal every 5 secs or so? Have you upgraded the focuser on the 200? You don't seem to have much flexure - how do you mount your guidescope to the 200?

Sorry for the questions but I've battled with my setup for a couple of years now. Not easy to get circular stars - they're mostly slightly oval.

Paul (PAC)

Do you find that PHD used with a webcam loses the signal every 5 secs or so?

No, although I am not using it in LX mode (long story) so I only pick bright(ish) stars.

Have you upgraded the focuser on the 200?

I have only added the SW electric focuser.

how do you mount your guidescope to the 200?

I bought a length of square "U" section ally and attached it to the Explorer's guide rings (where the camera attachment screw(s) are) then bolted guidescope rings to that.

As for not much flexure, I think that that is down to luck more than judgment!

HTH

Steve

Archived