Narrowband

Jupiter and Saturn under decent seeing

Kon

I had a try at Jupiter and Saturn this morning around 2am before ISS came. The sky looked clear with the Milky way visible.  I think this is my best Jupiter. Saturn in colour, IR and combination of the two. I also did an IR on Jupiter. I was too tired to wait until they were higher up, ISS is keeping me busy these days 🤣. 8" Dob, 2x TV powermate, asi462mc with either UV/IR cut or IR pass. PIPP, Autostakkert, Astrosurface; I still struggle with Registax and I probably need some pointers.

sat-c2.png.b99136eceeae2c82aaa6b618b767def3.pngsat-ir.png.b66ae7699f3e0a75f4e4f79043e13314.pngsat-IRrgb.png.a77257a1507cfd19ffe9783432940918.pngimage.png.b8d691c96eaf0968563de9e5da1c8998.pngimage.png.82416c01c29166dba3bcdf522eedec14.png

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, maw lod qan said:

Excellent!

What does NASA charge you to keep making passes over your place with the ISS?

Seems like it's been a while since I had a good direct pass.

July is pretty amazing for ISS for me. 2-3 passes nightly for the whole of July. I just uploaded this morning ISS.

2 minutes ago, neil phillips said:

Saturns looking good. maybe the most detail on Jubiter from you too. Nice captures.

I take it as a compliment coming from you! Conditions changed really quickly from being the Milky way to being quite milky.

• Like 1