Narrowband

NGC 7000 with my new Canon 700D

Felias

After months without a chance to go out, I finally could test my new camera last night. I thought that the NA nebula would be a good target, and I could compare it with the one I took a year ago. All things considered (no astro darkness, half moon, light pollution), I think I'm getting much better results now. Hopefully there will be more chances to test it over the summer!

162 x 1 min lights, ISO 800

WO Z61 II, on a Star Adventurer

Canon 700D astro modified

Stacked, colour calibrated, and slighlty stretched in Siril, passed through Starnet, and processed in Photoshop.

Starnet left some artifacts on the bright star on top of the image, I couldn't completely remove it. I merged it with the original file, but I don't think I got it right. Anyway, I was mostly interested in looking at the nebulosity, to see if the camera works with the IR filter removed. Seems fine to me, but any advice welcome!

NAnebula_V2_33pc.thumb.jpg.a250a2fec74235655248fb5be898d41b.jpg

• Like 6