SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Lunar Landscapes from July 7th

Roy Foreman

With the moon at declination -8, and the telescope tube grazing the base of the observatory shutter door, this will probably be the last lunar imaging session with the 16" Newt for a while !

At this low altitude seeing wasn't great but that didn't stop me from trying.

All images taken with the 183MM, PP642 filter and 19fps.  20% of 2000 frames.  6.30 - 7.00pm

Hope you enjoy and thanks for looking.

18_49_44_20%.jpg

18_47_34_20%.jpg

18_45_29_20%.jpg

18_33_20_20%.jpg

18_37_03_20%.jpg

• Like 10

Lovely sharp images there Roy, especially for the low elevation. We're cruising in the Med at the moment and the Moon is so high! I can even see the whole of the Scorpius constellation, just. You loose the lower stars in the horizon haze but it's all there.

Edited by Stargazer33

1 hour ago, Stargazer33 said:

Lovely sharp images there Roy, especially for the low elevation. We're cruising in the Med at the moment and the Moon is so high! I can even see the whole of the Scorpius constellation, just. You loose the lower stars in the horizon haze but it's all there.

Thank you for your comments, glad you like the images. Oh to have a more southerly location. Enjoy those stars while you can !

A few years ago I took a trip to the Sahara Dessert. So many stars, I had difficulty identifying Polaris. And the stars and milky way were all the way down to the horizon undiminished. Made me very sad that I had been missing out on so much.

Enjoy your cruise !