SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

My best ISS so far (and in colour)

Another 'clear' morning and an opportunity to capture ISS at 3am 😴. Despite the sky looking good, transparency was awful again. Of the 45000 frames that had ISS in them only 15 were usable near zenith but they delivered the best ISS I have captured so far. This was at 88 degrees at 3am; from Sunday the passes will be late at night rather 3am. I love how the yellow colours are coming through the panels. I have also added a single frame of the good one and some of the bad frames to show how bad the transparency was. 8" Dob manual tracking, asi462mc, 2x TV powermate. Gain290 and exposure 0.5ms. PIPP, Autostakkert and Astrosurface.

image.png.6d5b0c3fe35efec11b4ff416303d224b.pngimage.png.5fa97efaa098f827af5077f69700b4ec.pngimage.png.811de571401a71ab8ff45b3bd686ee6d.pngimage.png.54c3d269e42b9b9ec6097d54ca86d653.png 

Edited by Kon
  • Like 30

2 minutes ago, Dave scutt said:

Very nice kostas. 

The first image is brilliant. 

Dave

Thanks Dave. It is the stack of the best 15 frames and sharpened in Astrosurface.

24 minutes ago, Laurieast said:

Top left is incredible! the colours as well, best I think I have seen of it.

Great work Kostas.

Thanks Laurence. Yes the top left is a stack of the best 15 frames. I think it can get better if the weather plays ball this weekend/next week.

22 minutes ago, maw lod qan said:

You should start a personal mail campaign to NASA.

5 words in a letter with your images.

"I want to visit it!"

Send one every day!

That would be awesome, wouldn't it? We can only dream and Space X is the closest to this dream if I had the money 💸.

• 1 month later...

I have to say mate, considering I have almost the same setup as you and only got this as my best image so far...I'm impressed and not only that, I'm motivated to improve my ISS imaging, now that I see what can be achieved.

Kudos to you my friend.

For comparison, here is mine. Only difference is I used an ASI 120mm

22_24_09-005079_pipp_lapl5_ap41_Drizzle30 (1).jpg

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MKHACHFE said:

I have to say mate, considering I have almost the same setup as you and only got this as my best image so far...I'm impressed and not only that, I'm motivated to improve my ISS imaging, now that I see what can be achieved.

Kudos to you my friend.

For comparison, here is mine. Only difference is I used an ASI 120mm

22_24_09-005079_pipp_lapl5_ap41_Drizzle30 (1).jpg

Thanks. Looks good, maybe a bit overexposed. I used to have the asi120mc-s and managed some good images. See this link and search for my earlier captures this year with the same asi120 camera. Are you using a barlow?

https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/395255-my-best-iss-so-far/#comment-4247989

Edited by Kon

Yes. Usually, but not for that image. Reason being that the motion on my XT8 is so sticky that I have great difficulty in getting the ISS in view even without a Barlow. 

Once I sort this out I will try my 2x and 3x Barlows.

Cheers 

• Like 1