Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Can someone tell me what this is.

coolspace

I took a picture of a planet I think its Jupiter using around 10-100 zoom At least I think it is.

I know the image is blurry and small but I can not find a way to zoom the token photo.

And the object is sideways so look at it sideways.

I took it around 4:30-5:30 In oveido Florida in my backyard.

and I used an old camera but I can't tell what its name is.

S2260009.thumb.JPG.6c90c956f55e34504cd2d7d7e90f9f80.JPG

Edited by coolspace
some qestions people asked

When did you take it? It should be quite bright in the east even when the sun is about to rise around 4am. Before the sunrise glow if you look around an outstretched hands fist or two to the left and a bit down you'll see a smaller red dot, that's mars. To the right around 45 degrees or so along the horizontal to the right and a  bit up you'll see a smaller faint dot, that's Saturn.

Use something like Stellarium or Sky Safari to check.

Edited by Elp
  • Thanks 1

I would place my guesses on Jupiter, I might be wrong but again we do make mistakes. Only reason I say that is it definitely has the right if not really close colour to Jupiter and I might be wrong but that looks like a band on it. I would say 60% Jupiter.

I said Jupiter too much didn't I? 😂

• Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/07/2022 at 00:48, maw lod qan said:

Early in the morning Jupiter is very bright in the sky. The brightest object you will see till the Sun comes up!

If we except Venus, which rises above the horizon shortly before the Sun...

I have serious doubts that it is Jupiter. The supposed intuited bands appear to be vertical, if the photo is not rotated the bands should appear horizontal. There is no trace of minimally diffused light from any of the Galileans... I don't know, it's weird, our partner gives such ambiguous information and the resolution quality is so poor that it could be anything.