Narrowband

Tal 100r tripod

Hello All

As always thanks for any advice you can give

Thinking ahead to the future when the telescope arrives from Scotland. If I want to use the telescope on my concrete patio, am I in danger of damaging the wooden tripod's spiked feet.   

If the answer is no what am I missing and if yes is  there a solution?

As always many thanks.

Trevor

Hi Trevor

judging by the images you posted of it

s-l400.jpg.21dfdfd79a80d0b7f3d4f660a53779cd.jpg

it'll have metal spikes at the end of the tripod legs so shouldn't be a problem unless it's dragged along. Once you have it polar aligned out there you might even consider marking the spots where those spikes sit and possibly even drilling a small depression into the concrete to make future placement quick and easy.

• Like 1

Hello's Dave 

As always thanks for responding.

That sounds a good idea.

I was wondering if they had a  rubber/wider foot on the tripod would that dampen down any vibration more or less ,as I was thinking it would be dissipating  vibration over a greater surface area!

As always many thanks for your assistance.

PS I did find a brand new Tal 100r in its original box,l.  It was not complete as it was missing eyepieces, moon filter diagonal and finder, it did have the tripod, mount and rings.

Trevor

1 hour ago, Trevor PC said:

PS I did find a brand new Tal 100r in its original box,l.  It was not complete as it was missing eyepieces, moon filter diagonal and finder, it did have the tripod, mount and rings.

Trevor

wow that's a rare find in this day I expect! Not that I'm on the market for yet another scope of course but heck that'd be temptation for sure.

47 minutes ago, Trevor PC said:

Hello all 

As always many thanks for responding.

Just to be clear I passed on it, as I had already bought one, I believe it is still available.

As always many thanks for your assistance

Trevor 

oooh do tell!

In fact no, don't or I just might get tempted lol

7 minutes ago, Trevor PC said:

Dave 

If you change your mind 😉

Trevor 

I seriously can't justify another big scope tho I flirt with the idea of getting a cat/mak just so I've an example of each main type. But then it'd probably need to be something like the TAL200 and I managed to resist that one last time, Mark on here bought that one tho.

Then again if the objective is in fact better than the one one the 100RS, could swap that over and re-sell the 100R, hmmm....

No, stop it Dave lol

• Haha 1