SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Celestron Ultima fork mount.

I have one of these beasts suitable for a C11 SCT, solid as a brick outhouse and incorperating the Byers brass gears. The PEC/RA-Dec electronics is a simple affair. However this mount is aging and as Celestron has an extremely bad reputation (well deserved) for customer support my concern  is only for replacement of the 40 pin computer chip used. Similar to a Z80 or 6502 (ya dated)... I can lookup its exact number, I do know that it is still available from Mouser electronics however the reason for this post being,  I would like to remove the original chip and get it 'burnt' so as to have a direct replacement in case of failure. Not sure who to approach to get copies made....

I have seen, many years ago cries for help regarding replacement boards for the Ultima series mounts. As the only part of them that cannot be simply replaced is the 40 pin chip (later models used an EPROM) I could get maybe  5 burnt and offer to any needy sole for the cost of postage only.........