SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Jupiter and Saturn under much better seeing

Kon

It seems that the weather is changing and my captures were a lot nicer today. Saturn in IR and IRrgb, Jupiter with GRS at 3am and also transition with Europa at 415am (while I was waiting for ISS; to be posted later). 8" Dob, manual tracking, asi462mc with IR/UV cut or IR pass filters. PIPP, Autostakkert and Astrosurface.

image.png.47387aa22f4079ed2316aafdae877304.pngimage.png.f9816b99b213257e0bc5a90e8f815d6d.pngimage.png.4df5986581f416ffdb96ea5d53e03240.pngimage.png.e9ec71f474d4c0f27eefaea6c5a712ec.png

• Like 10

I thought seeing might be good. I kept checking. Between cloud, stars looked less twinkling. Sadly for me there was so much cloud.  it cleared late. But too late to setup. Glad you got some joy Kon. Saturn looking great, look at the banding you got, well done. 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, neil phillips said:

I thought seeing might be good. I kept checking. Between cloud, stars looked less twinkling. Sadly for me there was so much cloud.  it cleared late. But too late to setup. Glad you got some joy Kon. Saturn looking great, look at the banding you got, well done. 

Thanks Neil. I though we were all heading for this mini heatwave and that seeing would have been good throughout UK. I hope you get some of the better skies soon. I am very pleased with Saturn; I probably got that nice little window of seeing compared to Jupiter. The 4am Jupiter capture was a bit better but I was too tired to retry Saturn. 

• Like 1

Lovely images Kon. There is nice clean sharp banding showing on Saturn and the Jupiter image is displaying lots of fine detail too. I was in the same situation as Neil the skies cleared but stars twinkling alot here so decided to give it a miss .You certainly have taken to your Asi 462c  great camera's👍

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, morimarty said:

Lovely images Kon. There is nice clean sharp banding showing on Saturn and the Jupiter image is displaying lots of fine detail too. I was in the same situation as Neil the skies cleared but stars twinkling alot here so decided to give it a miss .You certainly have taken to your Asi 462c  great camera's👍

Thanks Martyn. Lets hope you guys can get some clear skies this week.

Yes I am loving this camera and it has already paid back dividends 😆.  I am still learning my way around it.