Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Another Daylight Moon with PP642 Filter

Roy Foreman

A day later and another daytime imaging session. Much the same as yesterday - 16" Reflector,  183MM camera, PP642 filter, 50% of 1200 frames, 4ms integration, 6.30pm.

The short summer nights are a pain for us all - more so when you have to be up at 5am for work !  Late nights are out of the question.  So with this PP642 filter enabling me to image the moon in full daylight,  I can still do my imaging after a fashion.

Now, if someone could just come up with a filter to enable me to image DSO's in the daytime .........

18_18_57.jpg

18_18_57-A.jpg

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Altocumulus said:

DSOs in the daytime!?

By crikey, I'd just be happy with a filter that could see through clouds.....

Yeah I'd like one of those as well !
Maybe take up radio astronomy, eh ?

• Like 1

Those are great, again! I see your chip is slightly larger than mine. 

I have some in the can from 5:30pm 😁. Had to put up a parasol to shade the scope.
Not looked at the results yet 🤭

Then I did a Go-To on Arcturus before packing up, just to see if you can, and there it was! and shot a colour avi in a bright blue sky. 
No sign of M3 though, maybe that's pushing it too far!

Edited by Laurieast

I am still experimenting with different camera settings and processing and hope to find the optimum soon. It's certainly great to image the moon in daylight. That PP642 filter is excellent. Hope your shots turn out well. Post them for us to see if they do.

I have never tried finding or imaging stars in daytime but I might have a go one day to see how it turns out.

Thanks for your comments and glad you like the images. Like you I have another batch from last night to process after work !

• Like 1