Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Guide camera query

bomberbaz

Hello all.

I currently use a ZWO 224mc for guiding along with a ASI Air+.  The guide image is B&W so am I right in thinking the software in  the AIR+ will be binning the colour pixels to make a B&W composite pixel to use in guiding?

thanks all

Steve

Probably just the raw frame, so no debayering used.

Colour cameras output a monochrome image with the bayer matrix on top, which looks like a checkerboard pattern over the image. Only after debayering is there any colour in the image at all, and since debayering uses interpolation that will change pixel values/guess them, it is not helpful for guiding.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ONIKKINEN said:

Probably just the raw frame, so no debayering used.

Colour cameras output a monochrome image with the bayer matrix on top, which looks like a checkerboard pattern over the image. Only after debayering is there any colour in the image at all, and since debayering uses interpolation that will change pixel values/guess them, it is not helpful for guiding.

This is what I was thinking, thanks for your reply. 

Steve