Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Tal 100r Tal diagonal change options.

Hello Dave 

As always many thanks for responding

That for the Tal M sounds a good magnification , and gives a clue to the quality of the mirror, will be interesting to see if the Tal 100r can match the RS for maximum magnification.

As always many thanks for your assistance.

Trevor 

44 minutes ago, Trevor PC said:

Hello Wookie 

As always  thanks for responding.

At x333 was the view of still sharp with good contrast?

Trevor 

Hi Trevor, 

Yes it was pin sharp as I said it was a still night very good seeing. I made a sketch of what I saw but I'm no artist I'm sure I still have it somewhere. 

Hi Wookie 

As always many thanks for responding.

If you find it, I wouldn't mind seeing it, what make of eyepiece was the 6mm, and have you ever used a camera or mobile phone to take photos?

Trevor 

4 minutes ago, Trevor PC said:

Hi Wookie 

If you find it, I wouldn't mind seeing it, what make of eyepiece was the 6mm, and have you ever used a camera or mobile phone to take photos?

Trevor 

It was a 6mm TMB with Tal 2x Barlow, I have took pictures with a phone all solar not tried night time, I have mostly sketched double stars mostly. 

Paul 

Hello Wookie

When mine arrives I will see if I can match your magnification on a  a clear, still night.

The sketch looks good to me.

As always many thanks for your assistance .

Trevor 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DaveL59 said:

I had thought they were ally too, but a magnet does stick to the OTA on my 100RS so I'd say steel it is. The other TAL reflectors I have are all ally tho.

No idea if the idea of barlow-diagonal-eyepiece would work but worth a go. Bear in mind tho that it'll increase mag to more than the rated barlow because of the extra distance from the barlow lens. How much I don't know but your x3 may become more like x5 which could be too much for the optics.

For the baffles I did find a thread on here for converting to solar (PST) and that showed the removed baffles, which were likely a push-in fit.

So pulling the baffles and then using flocking to improve them and the inner OTA tube might be feasible.

I did not remove the baffles entirely, just moved it so that any stray light going around the ERF cell was blocked before it caused reflections further down the tube.

• Thanks 1