SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

New equipment suggestions

Hey stargazers, a new joiner here!

I am a life long enjoyer of astronomy & all its aspects.
However I have started to gaze upon the sky without naked eye fairly soon.

My current setup is pretty basic (Bresser Venus 76/700) & the results are sometimes disappointing.
From time to tome I also engage in astrophotography. Don't imagine something complex - a basic cropped frame Canon DSLR, but it yields some cool stuff.

I am looking how I can combine those, but the telescope that I have (Bresser) is pretty rudimentary & I don't wanna gear it up.
However I am interested in some suggestions how can I achieve the following:
- have a decent telescope to gaze at the sky with my eyes
- combine it from time to time with the DSLR

At the moment my attention is focused at this piece of tech: https://www.levenhuk.com/catalogue/telescopes/levenhuk-ra-200n-f5-ota/ (Levenhuk Ra 200N F5 OTA).

What do you folks think? Any suggestions are more than welcome!

Star gaze & prosper!

That telescope will squash the tripod that came with your Bresser flat! A better tripod and mount will cost more than the 'scope.

If you want a bigger telecope, relatively cheaply, the answer is a Dobsonian. Bresser make some really good ones that may be available in your location:

https://www.astroshop.eu/telescopes/bresser-dobson-telescope-n-200-1200-messier-hexafoc-dob/p,47842

They have nice large focus tubes and decent focus mechanisms that will carry your camera easily. Although a tracking mount is best for photograpy, a few people do even deep sky photograpy with a Dobsonian...

If you have the dslr already get a star tracker with a decent sturdy tripod, good reasonable focal length prime lenses and you'll be good to start imaging.

Thinking about a first good scope with imaging in mind will lead you down a long and winding path if you're just starting out.

Generally refractors are the most friendly to use, your mileage will vary however depending on what your local light pollution levels are like, this you have to assess first prior to deciding on equipment.

On 29/06/2022 at 16:11, Hellblader said:

My current setup is pretty basic (Bresser Venus 76/700) & the results are sometimes disappointing.
From time to tome I also engage in astrophotography. Don't imagine something complex - a basic cropped frame Canon DSLR, but it yields some cool stuff.

Are your images taken by attaching DSLR to the scope?

Dont be put off by the fact that your scope is considered basic. I have got very decent results with my basic Astromaster 🙂