Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The dumbbell & Witches broom.

tich

I've still been out imaging even though the skies aren't properly dark this time of year just to really get used to the equipment & try to improve my processing as that has always been a bug bare of mine, with some of the tools you can use now like Starnet2 it has helped plus I've been learning a lot more from watching some youTube tutorials.
First here's the Witches broom which over 2 nights I got 4 hours 48 minutes worth of data doing 90 second subs I need to sort out my cabling on the camera as it caused some odd diffractions 

246234765_Broomtest02smaller.thumb.jpg.c3e689009e397f2540ba72e1f06f0b0e.jpg

Here's the Dumbbell nebula this one has always been a favourite of mine to image although I did managed to get a bit deeper than I have before the image itself looks a little soft so I don't know if that was just down to seeing or focus being a little bit off.
Again taken using 90 second subs & I managed 5 hours 25 minute & 30 seconds worth of data both images were taken using a RASA 11, NBZ nebula boost filter, Altair astro 269C camera. Images captured using NINA & processed in Photoshop.

781720613_dumbbellnebula02smaller.thumb.jpg.970d31f8a5cb132dc8a34ca6a95de7a5.jpg

Edited by tich
  • Like 17

6 hours ago, Freff said:

Looks great Tich, starting to get the hang of it.😉 😀

When you coming back to Pencelli to give me some tuition. 

Hi Tony hope you're well?
Thanks it's about time I started to improve ,sadly the job I have only gives us limited free days off but I'm trying to fix that by getting a job elsewhere, hopefully we'll get down there sooner rather than later.

• Like 1