Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Stellavues ST-1010 80mm views

Well another miserable day weather wise in the north west of England.

I am trying to find some reviews/ views on this scope , as yes I have the equipment bug and yes if the good lady wife sees it I will be in trouble, but what the heck you are only here once.

In anticipation that someone might know something about this modle, I thank you.

Regards

Trevor 

Gabby/Captain Scarlet

Got close to buying it but after discussions with the seller, he didn't feel it was right for me  based on what I have, and suggested I look at a Dobson for deep sky observations .

What puts me i off the floor mounted Dobson's is the wooden mount and transport issues.

I will get a refractor not for its performance, but for the feelings it stirs up in me.

As always many thanks for your help.

Regards

Trevor 

Refractors always look the part! :)

The Stellarvue achromats can be used to imaging if that is what you are looking for though some work better than others. 

Here are a couple of examples from a Italian site: http://www.uriland.it/ngc884-x-chi-per-ngc869-h-per/

The was also a photographer/ imager from USA (used the name Leveye on forums) that used a AT 1010 and a later Nighthawk for imaging. 

I have the TAL 100RS and they are very nice refractors as well though needing a better mount than the AT 1010

Edited by Gabby76

13 minutes ago, Gabby76 said:

Refractors always look the part! :)

I have the TAL 100RS and they are very nice refractors as well though needing a better mount than the AT 1010

They are nice, I've the same a 100RS but mine's on an EQ5 goto rather than a TAL GEM mount.